Monday, May 30, 2005

Cabernet Sauvignon Finally planted


I had hired help today Jeremy agreed to help me , he
was later joined by Michael and Mikayla.
Today is Cabernet Sauvignon planting Day.
Unfortunately the new auger bent on the first hole, so it
did no better than the augers from Menards. between the
barely usable augers from Menards, and the bent one from
Farm and fleet, I was able to get all 15 holes dug for the
Cab Sauvignon ... some were a little shallow, but
workable.

so the following is the order planted at the pit
vineyard.

^
| North
|

S F M F C
S F M F C
S F M F C
S F M F C
S F M F C
S F M F C
S F M F C
S F M F C
S F M F C
S F M F C
S F M F C
S F M F C
S F M F C
S F M F C
S F M F C

S=Cabernet Sauvignon
F=Cabernet Franc
M=Merlot
C=Chardonnay

I also layed down most of the weed fabric for the seedless
concord. While I was doing that, the Kids and my brother
Jon were hand weeding some of the Foch vines at the Park
vineyard.

No comments: