Saturday, May 13, 2006

LaCrescent vines arrived and planted

It has been raining pretty steady for the last 3 days. As of yesterday(Friday) we had 2.5 inches at the vineyard. The the corrected shipment of vines also arrived yesterday. I was able to plant them between rain showers. A total 48 Lacrescent were planted. I got 60 vines total, although I am not sure why that many was ordered. This may have been a mistake on the vine suppliers part. Not sure.

I'll probably put the remaining LaCrescent into a trench until I can plant them in a couple of weeks. I still have to decide exactly where I will put the vines.


Took a look at the frosted buds on the vines. They look pretty dead. I noticed that most of the Saint Pepin had not broken bud, so I may get some reasonable production from those. I also noticed some damage from grape flea beetles. Remains to be seen how much I'll have to deal with them.

No comments: